(Mankato, MN) – The Minnesota Department of Transportation is warning of significant traffic delays and congesting with work on Highway 14 in Mankato/North Mankato.
The construction on Highway 14 from Lookout Drive to Highway 22 in Mankato will start Monday, weather permitting. That section of roadway has the highest volume of traffic in south central Minnesota, with more than 43,000 vehicles a day.
There will be lane closures, lane shifts and ramp closures as crews work through the area in segments. Motorists are advised to find alternative routes, change travel times to avoid peak traffic periods, or plan for extra travel time.
- Resurfacing sections of the highway
- Repairing deteriorated culvert sections
- Repairing ditch along westbound Lor Ray Drive exit ramp
- Updating pedestrian sidewalk ramps at 3rd Avenue and Riverfront Drive
- Updating median guardrail at bridges
- Repairing pavement approaches to bridges over Victory Drive and the railroad near Eagle Lake
(Copyright© 2018 Southern Minnesota Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)