The Mankato Burger King is serving a limited menu as of now, after a Thursday fire at the restaurant on South Riverfront Drive.
Authorities say grease in the kitchen hood caught fire, sending flames out of the roof at the BK, but the fire suppression system had put the blaze out by the time crews arrived.
Because of the fire, the broiler is currently not operating, but staff says it’s possible that it will be fixed this afternoon.
(Copyright© 2018 Southern Minnesota Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)